math/grace port: "libXcursor.so.1.0" not found ??

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 05:08:48 PDT 2005

--- Igor Robul <igorr at speechpro.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Rob wrote:
>

> >Yes, indeed. Thank you. You said:
> >  "Sounds like the application is broken for
> >   requesting it, since as you found there is
> >   no such library on FreeBSD."
> >
> >Here "the application" refers to what?
> >Grace? Or dlopen()?
> >
> >If you mean grace, then I have a problem:
> >the grace mailinglist blames FreeBSD, and
> >here grace is blamed. Argh!
> >

> What are you trying to do with xmgrace? I' asking
> because I have just installed math/grace and it
> at least can be launched on my system without
> trouble.

As I explained at the very beginning of this thread
(note part 2, this is important!):

1. Install Grace from ports (math/grace)

2. Create $HOME/.grace/gracerc.user and put
   one line in this file:
     USE "pow" TYPE f_of_dd FROM "/usr/lib/libm.so"
   (this is the example from the Grace UsersGuide,
    but a similar construct allows me to load my
    own function from my own library file).

3. Start grace like this:
   $ xmgrace
   Shared object "libXcursor.so.1.0" not found,
      required by "xmgrace"
   DL module load failed: USE "pow" TYPE F_OF_DD
      FROM "/usr/lib/libm.so"
   Error at line 1

Indeed, grace will start normally, but it will
not parse the "USE..." line from the gracerc.user,
because the dlopen() call has the error:
    Shared object "libXcursor.so.1.0" not found,
    required by "xmgrace"

Do you see this too?

Thanks,
Rob.