math/grace port: "libXcursor.so.1.0" not found ??

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 01:16:47 PDT 2005

--- Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 08:41:33PM -0700, Rob wrote:
> >
> > I'm running FreeBSD 5-Stable.
> >
> > I only seem to encounter this problem with the
> > math/graphical port 'grace', and the dlopen()
> > call inthere.
>
> I answered this question the last time you posted
> it.

Yes, indeed. Thank you. You said:
  "Sounds like the application is broken for
   requesting it, since as you found there is
   no such library on FreeBSD."

Here "the application" refers to what?
Grace? Or dlopen()?

If you mean grace, then I have a problem:
the grace mailinglist blames FreeBSD, and
here grace is blamed. Argh!

I am the only FreeBSD user on the Grace mailinglist.
Apparently the dlopen() call in grace works fine
on Linux and others. But not with FreeBSD.

Is there something fishy or tricky about the
dlopen() call on FreeBSD, when compared to,
for example, Linux?

Grace runs fine on FreeBSD, until I use it such
that it does the 'dlopen()' call.

I am at a total loss here....

How can I further analyse this problem?

Thanks,