i get stuck installing kernel

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Oct 25 14:27:16 PDT 2005

On 2005-10-25 18:54, Linnea Forslund <supermoccine at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Check out
>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html and
>
> If I'm going to create a supfile as it says in the handbook, where do
> i write? In an xterm just as it is? Do I include the "*"?

You don't even need to create one.  You should already have several
sample supfiles in ``/usr/share/examples/cvsup''.

These example supfiles can be used without _any_ change at all.  The
cvsup program can read default options from the example supfiles and a
CVSup server name from a command line option, all in one invocation:

# cvsup -h cvsup.host.address /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile

NOTE: I strongly recommend using "stable-supfile" for your updates until
you have gained a fair bit of experience with updates through CVSup.