Installation problem with Freebsd 5.4

Jayesh Jayan jayesh.freebsdlist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 09:47:04 PDT 2005

Hi,

If i install FreeBSD on to a HDD with a good machine where i have already
installed freebsd before and then move the HDD to that machine.

Will it work ??

This is what happens when I try to install freebsd on the machine

I can go till the step of Choosing distribution

After I choose the distribution it starts the installation

it shows transffering ...... in a blue screen with a progress bar.

it then transfers 32 of 33 chunks

and then it comes up with the error mentioned before.

I would like to setup the gateway .... and i want to use freebsd ......
because of it's power which i am learning now .....

hope to get more guidance on the issue ...