probably a simple routing or firewall question

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Tue Oct 25 08:06:24 PDT 2005

Hello,
    I've got a 5.4 box acting as a gateway/router and i have to set up
another for another network. This one will rely on a different ip range, so
i thought i'd hand it out while i'm doing the install via my dhcp server,
this part works but the box can't get to the net to retrieve ports and so
forth. I'm suspecting either a routing or firewall issue. I'm using pf and
am natting all traffic from this new box to my external interface and
passing all traffic, that should be working. My network range is 10.8.0.0
and the range for this new box is 10.10.0.0 i believe my problem is here,
i'm not sure where to fix it at, my gateway, this new box or both? I'd
rather not make to many modifications to this new machine save what it needs
to get going, ideally i'd like to hand it over, and have it be dropped in
and go. It needs to be that simple, the person whose getting it has an
impulsive habbit especially if something doesn't work right out of the box.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.