setting up X -- under VMWare?

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Mon Oct 24 10:10:20 PDT 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:45:39 -0400
"N.J. Thomas" <njt at ayvali.org> wrote:

> I'm setting up X on a FreeBSD 4.11 machine. I've done that before, but
> this is the first time I'm doing it inside a VMWare virtual machine.
>
> What monitor/video card parameters should I supply for XFree86-4
> configuration?  That of my real monitor/video card or some virtual
> VMWare one?

What I always do is run a knoppix live CD under vmware. The generated
Xorg.conf is absolutely great. Write is down (or save it somewhere; put
it into /etc/X11 on your freebsd virtual machine and all's well.

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4