/dev/kqemu

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Mon Oct 24 10:07:14 PDT 2005

Earlier I wrote:

<quote>
Strangely enough starting qemu <options> [file] I get a warning
"could not open '/dev/kqemu' - QEMU accellaration layer not activated"
I kldloaded kqemu.ko and in /dev I see the device (666).
</quote>

I have found out that only the FIRST user that starts QEMU on ht
computer gets support for kqemu accellaration. Even if he closes hiw
qemu session and logs off, another NEW user can start QEMU but gets NO
accel support. The above error is put on the screen.

So, how come the device kqemu is not freed after I close the qemu
session and keeps being "busy"?

Is there a solution I have overlooked to overcome this problem?

I looked into the user and kqemu online dox but can't find a thing
relating to my problem. Who has some clues?

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4