kqemu.ko

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Mon Oct 24 08:05:59 PDT 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:18:01 -0500
Eric Schuele <e.schuele at computer.org> wrote:

> dick hoogendijk wrote:
> > Right now I've put it into /boot/loader.conf
> > What I'd like to know is is this kqemu kernel module harmless
>
> FWIW... I load mine at boot... never had any difficulties.  I'm using
> RELENG_6.

I do that on 5.4 also.

Today I compiled qemu/kqemu on my freebsd-4.11
Strangely enough starting qemu <options> [file] I get a warning
"could not open '/dev/kqemu' - QEMU accellaration layer not activated"

I kldloaded kqemu.ko and in /dev I see the device (666).
Does kqemu work on fbsd4-11? What can be the problem?

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4