qemu

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sun Oct 23 05:53:04 PDT 2005

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:41:59 +0200 (CEST)
"albi" <albi at scii.nl> wrote:

> > I discouvered QEMU today and I think it is an amazing program.
>
> fully agreed :)
>
> > Just to be sure and on the safe site:
> >
> > Will the command "qemu -hda win98se.img -boot d -user-net" do as I
> > think
> it > will do: .. boot from my cdrom device so I can install windows
> from it to
> > the win98se.img file?
>
> i never had success with booting from the real cdrom, but creating an
> iso-file
> (using dd) and booting from that (-cdrom file.iso) did the trick

Thanks. Some googling learns that the "-f raw" fileformat is used.
As I understand the "-f qcow" fileformat gives the option that it is
growable. Which is better? qcow or raw ?

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4