qemu

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sun Oct 23 05:27:21 PDT 2005

I discouvered QEMU today and I think it is an amazing program.
Just to be sure and on the safe site:

Will the command "qemu -hda win98se.img -boot d -user-net" do as I
think it will do: .. boot from my cdrom device so I can install windows
from it to the win98se.img file?

Needless to sy I created the img file with "qemu-img create -f qcow
win98se.img 10G"

On oszoo.org they say you can even create a compressed clone of the
image file by giving this cmd: "qemu-img convert -f qcow -c win98se.img
-O qcow image_compressed.img" but this does not work form me. The msg
is that compression is not supproted for this format. Is this right? Or
do I do something wrong?

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4