Editor for C & C++ language

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sun Oct 23 04:05:28 PDT 2005

On 2005-10-23 12:52, vittorio <vdemart1 at tin.it> wrote:
> In my freebsd portable I have xemacs that is "sensitive" to many
> environments (I use it for the statiscal program R and for pdflatex)
> among which  C++ .  In  fact the C++ program I edit triggers a C++
> menu and many options among which there are also debug and compile.
> This latter unfortunately calls a "make -k" command while I'd like to
> run "g++ prog.c -g -o prog" as usual.  Could someone  explain what
> shoujld I do to modify xemacs as I want?

This is probably an effect of the default value of ``compile-command''.

What do you see if you type:

	M-: (list compile-command) RET

should be ("make -k").  By customizing this variable, or setting it to a
local value when C++ code is edited, you should be able to make the menu
entry invoke any command you find more useful.