Editor for C & C++ language

vittorio vdemart1 at tin.it
Sun Oct 23 03:52:25 PDT 2005

Alle 02:34, domenica 23 ottobre 2005, Giorgos Keramidas ha scritto:
> On 2005-10-22 22:07, vittorio <vdemart1 at tin.it> wrote:
> > Working usually under kde I'm looking for something similar to the
> > llc-win32 program under ms-windows - that is a development environment
> > where you can edit your c++ program, compile it, debug it step by
> > step, and finally run it in a suitable window.
> >
> > I tried the nice editor kate which allows to compile the file only. No
> > debugging, no running.
> >
> > Is  there anything of the kind of llc-win32?
>
> I'm using Emacs as my IDE for years now.  It's not exactly what someone
> who is used to windowing environments would call a "GUI IDE", but it can
> do the following:
>
>     - Edit the source code (with syntax highlighting if need be)
>
>     - Compile (with the hit of a single key, once configured)
>
>     - Parse compiler output and move to the file/line of an error,
>       then to the next error, etc.
>     - Interactively debug C, C++, Perl, Python, or LISP programs,
>       line by line -- working as a "control program" for GNU gdb
>
> and that's only a minor subset of the features it has.

Well, as a matter of fact I'm obliged at wok to use windows but my pet OS are
both BSDs.
In my freebsd portable I have xemacs that is "sensitive" to many environments
(I use it for the statiscal program R and for pdflatex)  among which  C++ .
In  fact the C++ program I edit triggers a C++ menu and many options among
which there are also debug and compile. This latter unfortunately calls a
"make -k" command while I'd like to run "g++ prog.c -g -o prog" as usual.
Could someone  explain what shoujld I do to modify xemacs as I want?

Ciao
Vittorio