Bind question

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Oct 22 15:25:26 PDT 2005

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 11:52:56PM +0300, Dimitar Vasilev wrote:
> 2005/10/22, stan <stanb at panix.com>:
> > I've got a FreeBSD machine runing Bind 9.3 that needs to zone transfers
> > from a Solaris 8 machine running Bind 8.3.3
> >
> > I'm getting errors about failed transfers. This is showing up in the logs
> > on the Solaris machine:
> >
> > Oct 21 14:30:33 cor-day-dns4 named[140]: denied AXFR from
> > [170.85.113.8].1044 for "10.in-addr.arpa" IN (acl)
> Simply allow the FreeBSD box to get the transfer - check your AXFR ACL
> on the Solaris box.
> Buy the latest revision of DNS&BIND if you don't have it.
> Also if possible, migrate the Solaris named to 9.3 and use TSIG as a
> verification for transfers.

Thanks,

Unfortunately that end is controled by corporaate, and it is _very hard_
to get anything done on thier end.

Is thee soemthing I can do on the FreeBSD end to disable this particular
request?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967