6.0 release date and stability

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sat Oct 22 12:50:53 PDT 2005

On 22 Oct Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 03:41:33PM +0200, dick hoogendijk wrote:

> > > Use libchk and pkg_which..see their manpages.
> >
> > After looking into the manual(s) this seems to be a "dangerous" or at
> > least not an easy operation. Can someone be a little more specific
> > about how to remove old 4.x / 5.x libraries from a FreeBSD system?
>
> That's the best there is for 6.0 (so run a full backup first).  7.0
> has a 'make delete-old' target that removes known old files from your
> base system.  I don't know if netchild has plans to backport it, but
> you could ask him.

OK, thanks for this answer. I may be overreacting ;-)
Is it Ok to say that after *recompiling* each port with "portupgrade
-fa" on a 5.4 system updated to 6.0 old libraries will no be dangerous
in a way that they would be used any longer?
Should I remove the compat-options from the kernel before or after the
recompilation of all ports?

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4