OpenAFS for FreeBSD...

Jason C. Wells jcw at highperformance.net
Sat Oct 22 12:04:32 PDT 2005

Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> I've asked the OpenAFS people about a port to FreeBSD.
>
> They recently gained a port to OS X, which I understand has a
> similar/FreeBSD codebase.

I have been asking about this for a while.  Occasionally an interested
party arises.  The work remains incomplete.

The last rumor I heard was that the server works.  The client doesn't
work out of the box.  I did have the client sort of working once upon a
time.  That is to say that it was working right up until it panicked.

OSX is a different kernel.  The kernel is where the difficulty lies.

Later,
Jason C. Wells