Procedures

dgmm freebsd01 at dgmm.net
Sat Oct 22 06:18:38 PDT 2005

On Saturday 22 October 2005 04:39, David Wilhelm wrote:
> Erik Norgaard wrote:
> > On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Ronny Machado C. wrote:
> >> *    My sound card is a Sound Blaster Live!, I've tried to load it by
> >> means of kldload emu10k1, it worked but I can't get it to work.
> >> Honestly I haven't configured MYKERNEL since I still don't understand
> >> the process.
> >
> > No need to build a kernel, just load the right modules. I don't know
> > which is right for your card, but you can try them one by one. They are
> > all named snd_
>
> Here's a silly cheat, which worked for me, to avoid trying all snd_*
> modules one-by-one:
>
> Do a `kldload snd_driver` to load all snd_* modules, start playing an
> mp3, then `kldunload snd_driver`. All snd_* modules are unloaded except
> the one you want, since it's currently "in use".

Brilliant!

That's far better than the one I came up with to deal with a similar
situation :-)  I loaded them all, checked it worked, then commented out half
to see which half of the list the "working" one was in.  Rinse and repeat
until only one is left.

It didn't take too long but your's is much better :-)

--
Dave