cvsup, mirrors and data integrity

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 06:16:57 PDT 2005

On 10/22/05, Dimitar Vasilev <dimitar.vassilev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew,
> cvsup is an application that deals with giving people files.
> It is the job of fsck to check and clear the FS.
> Check /etc/defaults/rc.conf and
> add the following variables to your rc.conf
> fsck_y_enable="YES"
> background_fsck="NO"
> It has been discussed zilion of times and it works.
> I recommend also wiping your repository and syncing from scratch from
> the master servers.
> HTH
> --
> Димитър Василев
> Dimitar Vassilev
>
> GnuPG key ID: 0x4B8DB525
> Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
> Key fingerprint: D88A 3B92 DED5 917E 341E D62F 8C51 5FC4 4B8D B525

Well, what if I already had those lines in my rc.conf,
what if fsck fixed everyting it found and what if it
doesn't work.

I'm quite sure that wiping and resyncing the whole
repo will help, it's that I don't want to do that every
time a partiotion was not unmounted properly.

Any ideas at all?

Thanks,
Andrew P.