startX slow to execute - X Windows system takes 10 minutes to load

Teo De Las Heras teoheras at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 07:56:52 PDT 2005

When I run startX it takes about 10 minutes for Xorg to begin. Changes have
been made to the system, but I don't know how to identify who the culprit
might be. Here's what I did before this started happening
2. Installed firefox using pkg_add
3. Unable to see firefox in KDE so reinstalled firefox using
/usr/ports/www/firefox/ -> make install clean
4. Found out about the KDE menu update tool and ran that
5. Updated my ports tree using cvsup and portsdb -Uu
6. Problem starting hapenning after the subsequent reboot.
 I have deinstalled and installed Firefox and the problem still occurs. I
don't see any errors in Xorg.0.log or Xorg.8.log. My xorg.conf.new file
works well, and has been working for a few months now (no changes to it
since I got OpenGL working).
 I don't know where else to look.
 Teo