Problem installing asterisk

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Fri Oct 21 06:55:10 PDT 2005

Owen Jeremiah <fowlplay77 at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm a newbie at FreeBSD, been using MS products all my life. Being an
> enlighten one (:P), trying to learn how to use FreeBSD.
> Got this problem when trying to install asterisk from ports:
>
> ===> asterisk-1.0.9_2 depends on executable: mpg123 - found
> ===> asterisk-1.0.9_2 depends on file: /nonexistent - not found
> ===> Verifying build for /nonexistent in /usr/ports/devel/pwlib
> ===> Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
> ===> Extracting for pwlib-1.5.2,1
> => Checksum OK for pwlib_1.5.2.tar.gz.
> ===> Patching for pwlib-1.5.2,1
> ===> Applying FreeBSD patches for pwlib-1.5.2,1
> 3 out of 3 hunks failed--saving rejects to src/ptclib/asner.cxx.rej
> => Patch patch-src::ptclib::asner.cxx failed to apply cleanly.
> => Patch(es) patch-configurein patch-make-common.mak patch-makefile
> patch-src-ptclib-ansper.cxx applied cleanly.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/pwlib.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/net/asterisk.

> Running on FreeBSD 5.4-stable.

Looks like you have stale patches in the port directory.

http://www.cvsup.org/faq.html#adopt
will explain how you got into this situation, and how you could have
avoided it.  In theory, you could cvsup your ports back to the
original version and then to HEAD again, but that might be a lot of
network traffic for you.

Deleting that one port (devel/pwlib) and re-updating your ports will
solve your problem for now.