Ronny Machado C.
ronny.machado at cajalosandes.cl
Fri Oct 21 04:30:02 PDT 2005
I'm new to freebsd, I come from Linux world, and I dont´t fully understand some procedures:
* How can I get some daemons working at boot time? In Linux you can do it via rc.* directories and S* scripts, but in freeBSD I don't know how, I've put scripts in rc.d but they don't execute at boot time, Is there a way to do it via rc.conf?
* When I do a "ps -fe | grep some-process" I don't get any answer, so I can't realise if a process is running, I've got to do a top to get to it
* My sound card is a Sound Blaster Live!, I've tried to load it by means of kldload emu10k1, it worked but I can't get it to work. Honestly I haven't configured MYKERNEL since I still don't understand the process.
* How can I list the modules in the kernel?
* I'd like to know if the following messages are due to some failure or they are normal, and if the noip problem is produced by the ppp warnings
Oct 18 12:22:13 nostromo noip2: Can't gethostbyname for dynupdate.no-ip.com
Oct 18 12:22:13 nostromo noip2: Can't get our visible IP address from dynupdate.no-ip.com
Oct 18 12:23:01 nostromo ppp: tun0: Warning: deflink: Reducing configured MRU from 1500 to 1492
Oct 18 12:25:06 nostromo ppp: tun0: Warning: deflink: Reducing configured MRU from 1500 to 1492
Oct 18 12:27:11 nostromo ppp: tun0: Warning: deflink: Reducing configured MRU from 1500 to 1492
Well, that's all folks...thanks in advance....
greeting from .CL
More information about the freebsd-questions