FreeBSD UFS2 snapshots, and math ...

Gayn Winters gayn.winters at bristolsystems.com
Thu Oct 20 13:25:51 PDT 2005

In trying to follow this thread, I started looking around for a precise
definition of snapshot.
Man mksnap_ffs
wasn't too helpful, and googling for "snapshot" etc. wasn't fruitful.
I'm guessing that the original author of the thread (user at dhp.com)
may also need such a definition.  Can someone provide a pointer to a
specification or at least an RFC-like paper?

Thanks,

-gayn