panicking newbie with dj-plans

albi albi at scii.nl
Thu Oct 20 12:25:42 PDT 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:00:21 +0200
Linnea Forslund <supermoccine at gmail.com> wrote:

> And now I need to use it for amateur dj-ing on thursday. Panic! I dont
> even know how to move files really and wouldn't know how to work with
> an external harddrive with other people's music files on. And most
> definitely I don't know if I can use http://mixxx.sourceforge.net/ and
> how then to install it.

http://www.freshports.org/audio/mixxx/ says that the port for mixxx is
temp. not usable

so..
looks like trying to use the linux-emulation with the
mixxx-linux-binary might be worth giving a try, see here :
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/linuxemu-lbc-install.html

it comes down to :
- become "root"
- putting the line linux_enable="YES" in your /etc/rc.conf
- install the linux_base port
- try the software (download, untar with : tar xzvf
  mixxx-1.4.2-i586.tar.gz, cd into the mixxx-1.4.2 directory,
  type : ./install.pl, run mixxx as normal user)

GL!

--
grtjs, albi
gpg-key: lynx -dump http://scii.nl/~albi/gpg.asc | gpg --import