Nagios Client on FreeBSD 5.4

Mike Woods Mike at the-rubber-chicken-network.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 10:42:15 PDT 2005

pete wright wrote:

>  You can also monitor disk load and activity via net-snmp. I use
>  net-snmp to monitor large networks of heterogenous hardware and OS's
>  (*BSD/Linux/IRIX/Solaris/etc..) along side nagios. Granted SNMP may
>  not be a viable protocol to use on the public internet...

Indeed, with all the security flaws found in snmp it makes it fine in a
controlled local network but for the internet it's almost asking for
trouble, I actualy use snmp to monitor a our PIX's, tis a shame the pix
gives out so little trafic information else id find far more use for it
in our nagios setup.