Portversion question

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 09:21:26 PDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Rem P Roberti <remegius at comcast.net> wrote:
> This continues to vex me.  Portversion is indicating as out of date that
> which is apparently not out of date.  For example, my current tree (done
> this morning) indicates that apsfilter 7.2.6 should be current.
> Pkg_info indicates that version as installed.  Portversion indicates out
> of date.  What am I missing here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rem

portversion checks versions of your installed
packages against INDEX database, not your
ports tree. If you're using non-official cvsup
server (or an official one, but not current), you
can get into a situation when your ports tree
lags behind your INDEX (usually updated with
something like portsdb -uUF, i.e. fetch from
a very current source) by weeks.

Consider using another cvsup server.