Changing the region code of DVD-Drive

Thomas Linton thomas.linton at it-sc.at
Thu Oct 20 08:23:14 PDT 2005

I could not compile regionset out of the box. I had to change line 37 in
dvd_udf.c to FreeBSD instead of OpenBSD.

zap...
#if defined(__FreeBSD__)
zap...

The bad thing: regionset is not working; I get following output:

kingkong# ./regionset
ERROR: Could not open disc "(null)"!
       Please place a DVD in the dvd drive.
Usage regionset /dev/dvd

or:

kingkong# ./regionset /dev/dvd
ERROR: Could not open disc "/dev/dvd"!
       Please place a DVD in the dvd drive.
Usage regionset /dev/dvd

The link /dev/dvd is set to /dev/cd0 and I put a DVD into the Drive. I
tried it as mounted and also as unmounted.

Any ideas?

--
Thomas Linton
IT-Systeme und Consulting GmbH