Printing quota ?

Erik Norgaard norgaard at math.ku.dk
Thu Oct 20 01:53:26 PDT 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Olivier Nicole wrote:

>> If the document doesn't look enough like postscript it is
>> discarded. Windows users have a hard time getting it right.
>
> What I wrote will query the printer for page count before and afterthe
> job.

We tried that also, however, then you have problems if printerjobs
are cancelled halfway.

Also, the "sanity" check works against accepting print jobs that
will cause the the printer to print endless pages with strange
characters untill it runs out of paper or the job is cancelled. We
had a lot of those because of misconfigured windows machines.

Cheers, Erik