Installing 2nd CPU on SMP board

martin hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Wed Oct 19 16:34:49 PDT 2005

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 06:26:54PM -0500 or thereabouts, Doug Poland wrote:
> Well, I have dmesg output and the output from dmidecode.  I may be dense
> but I don't see the sSpec number in the output.  Can it be derived from
> these data?

  Well I don't know anything at all about sSpec number, but these:

 		Family: Xeon
 		Manufacturer: Intel
 		ID: 34 0F 00 00 FF FB EB BF
 		Signature: Type 0, Family 15, Model 3, Stepping 4
 		Version: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz
 		External Clock: 200 MHz
 		Max Speed: 2800 MHz
 		Current Speed: 2800 MHz

  should be enough for you to choose new CPU to pair with this one. Also
  look for L2 cache info (it is also in dmidecode output). Anyway your
  hardware partner should have data about server he delivered to you and
  which are you about to upgrade.. enough data to choose right CPU for
  you.. We have Fujitsu Siemens Primergy TX200 from Siemens and we just
  picked up the fone and called them that we want second CPU and RAM
  upgrade and that was all I had to do.

--
martin hudec

   * 421 907 303 393
   * corwin at aeternal.net
   * http://www.aeternal.net

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

   Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"