Voip - solutions!

Erik Norgaard norgaard at math.ku.dk
Wed Oct 19 06:32:16 PDT 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Carstea Catalin wrote:

> Please give me some free (open source) solutions for VoIP over FreeBSD!
> --
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have any idea of what you need? Are you looking for server
solutions or VoIP clients?

* ser is a sip router
* siproxd a sip proxy if your clients are behind a NAT/firewall
* asterix is both - I think

For clients: linphone and kphone, I have tried to play with both
and linphone appaers most stable. For clients, some supports
automatic discover of NAT and external IP and need no proxy,
others don't and require a proxy to work behind a firewall.

BTW: Anyone knows a some sort of VoIP answering machine I can
call up and test agains without bothering other people too much?

Cheers, Erik