pam authentication

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Wed Oct 19 06:30:29 PDT 2005

RJ45 <rj45 at slacknet.com> writes:

> I have a central authentication server (Windows 2K3), active directory.
> Not for my choice... I need to authenticate users of BSD boxes
> upon the windows server.
> How can I make a smb authentication ?
> can I use pam ?
> how to do it?
> how to delegate authentication to the WinDOS 2003 server

I haven't used any of this, but it sure looks like it's possible.
The Handbook section on Samba mentions winbindd(8).

You'll need Samba installed, and you will need to make sure the knobs
for LDAP and winbind, at least, are enabled.

That should be enough of a pointer for you to find the documentation.
		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/