Sparc64 root mirror

Healey, Sean Sean.Healey at bayernlb.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 01:58:09 PDT 2005

Can anyone recommend a sane approach for mirroring the root partitions on a
Sun Netra under FreeBSD 5.4? We've tried using Vinum but are dissapointed to
find that this is impossible on a SUN machine due to the way its disk
geometry differs from PCs.

I have considered using GEOM to perform the mirroring, but we also need to
Raid-5 the remaining disks - I would *really* prefer not to run two volume
management facilities on a uniprocessor machine!

Is there a stable port of RAIDFRAME in FreeBSD these days? I managed to set
this up under OpenBSD a while back and it does the job ok.

Thanks,

Sean Healey
Solstice Technology Ltd
c/o Bayerische Landesbank
Bavaria House
13/14 Appold Street
London
EC2A 2NB
Phone:	+44 20 7955 5739
mailto:	sean.healey at bayernlb.co.uk
Internet:	<http://www.bayernlb.co.uk>
The sender of this message is not an employee of Bayerische Landesbank and
is therefore not authorised to make any legally valid statements on behalf
of Bayerische Landesbank or to conclude agreements or contracts

This e-mail message is private and confidential and for use by the intended recipient only. If the message is received by anyone other than the intended recipient, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mail messages are not necessarily secure. BayernLB does not accept responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was sent or any liability arising from unauthorised access or use of the information contained in this message. The contents of any e-mail sent by us are subject to our usual terms of business, anything which does not relate to the official business of the Bank, is neither given nor endorsed by it. Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of the message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. BayernLB accepts no re
 sponsibility in this regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other checks, as it considers appropriate.