freeBSD 5.4 install problem

Peter Clutton peterclutton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 23:43:48 PDT 2005

On 10/19/05, kenneth hatteland <kenneth.hatteland at kleppnett.no> wrote:
> I have installed FreeBSD 5.4 succesfully on an old p133 compaq armada
> 1550 with kde. But when I boot the machine I get this :
>
> F1 ???   default
> F2 freebsd
>
> pressing anything except F1 makes the box beep, and nothing happens when
> pressing F1..

Could you describe more fully please? What exactly happens after it
beeps? What exactly does nothing mean, does it just stay with the text
on the screen or what? How do you know the installation was
succesfull, have you booted to it? Default partitioning, multiple hard
drives? What options during install?

Thanks.