Bluetooth to Cellphone (As a Modem)

Peter Clutton peterclutton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:59:14 PDT 2005

On 10/19/05, aelferink at armenton.com <aelferink at armenton.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a usb bluetooth dongle and a SE T610 cellphone... I want FreeBSD
> (5.4 or 6.0-RC1; whatever floats your boat as I run both) to use the
> cellphone as a modem through bluetooth. FreeBSD just needs to dial *99#
> then so it uses gprs.
>
> I checked the handbook but I really couldn't get much out of that as for
> how you'd use a bluetooth enabled cellphone as a modem. If anyone could
> either point me to some type of tutorial to do this; or tell me how, i'd
> appreciate it.

Well not sure if you've seen this page in the handbook, but it covers
setting up bluetooth. At the bottom of the page, it covers Dial Up
Networking and using a phone for this. Often googling the subject will
bring up the appropriate handbook page as the first result; I googled
"bluetooth freebsd" for this:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-bluetooth.html