Dell Poweredge 830 with Intel ICH7 Sata controller not finding drives on install

Derrick MacPherson dmacpherson at mainframe.ca
Tue Oct 18 15:17:19 PDT 2005

When I type lsdev in the boot loader, it shows the hdd and the
partitions that are on it (3 linux). When sysinstall (i've tried with
5.4 and 6.0RC1) starts it says there's no drives, I've done some
googling but am not coming back with a lot, someone asked a similar
question in early August and there was no posted reply. Anyone know what
I can do to try and get this working, I would much much rather be
running freebsd than linux.