Portversion question

Rem P Roberti remegius at comcast.net
Tue Oct 18 13:54:55 PDT 2005

Lowell Gilbert wrote:

>Rem P Roberti <remegius at comcast.net> writes:
>

>>I have crontab run cvsup, and make a new port index for me nightly.
>>This morning I ran portversion -l and found that there was a package
>>it regarded as not being up to date.  However, neither portmanager or
>>portupgrade picked up the non-current package.  Why would portversion
>>indicate a package that is not up to date, and either of the two
>>upgrade programs not find it also?
>>

>A bug?
>A port that was moved? [see /usr/ports/MOVED]
>
>There are probably other possible reasons, but you didn't give us much
>to go on...

The port in question is libmng, which is in the graphics directory.  The
current version is 1.0.8, and that is exactly what pkg_info shows as
being installed.  Portversion continues to show it as out of date.  I
have no doubt that my newbieness is missing something here, and I'd love
to find out what it is :)

Rem