External USB2 DVD-RW

Brian Henning henninb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:14:58 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am currently running FBSD5.4 and trying to play a DVD from my
External USB2 DVD-RW with gmplayer. I think BSD recognizes the drive,
but i don't know what device to refer to in the setting of gmplayer
inorder to play the DVD because all dmesg gives me is umass0. Is there
something that I need to add to my /etc/usbd.conf file?

Any thoughts,

Brian

Here is my kernel config:
device scbus
device da

Here is what camcontrol tells me.
camcontrol devlist -v
scbus0 on umass-sim0 bus 0:
<PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-708A 1.04>      at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 ()
scbus-1 on xpt0 bus 0:
<  >                               at scbus-1 target -1 lun -1 (xpt0)