Staircaseeffect with HP Deskjet Plus

Rick Preston rickjpreston at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 09:01:43 PDT 2005

On 10/13/05, Stevan Tiefert <stevan.tiefert at freenet.de> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> when I want to print an ASCII-text via lpr to my HP Deskjet Plus I got a
> staircaseeffect on my printer. I asked HP for support but they answered:
>   "... the support stopped nine years ago..." Ups :-(
>
> I think that a solution with a2ps and gs is too crazy and too slow when
> I print a biiig manual-page. I expect that I need a specific
> input-filter for my printer. But which one?
>
> With regars
> Stevan Tiefert

Sorry for the late reply.

If you are just looking for filters that fix the staircase you can
find four here:
http://www.digitalissues.co.uk/html/os/unix/solaris.html

Near the bottom of the page.  awk, ruby, perl, and C.

These where written for the lpsystem but will work fine with the BSD
spooler and other print subsystems.

Good luck,
Rick