this: not found

eoghan freebsd at redry.net
Mon Oct 17 11:56:34 PDT 2005

On 17 Oct 2005, at 19:40, Karol Kwiatkowski wrote:

> eoghan wrote:

>>> Every time I see that it's because of missing '#' at the
>>> beginning of
>>> the line in a shell script (to mark the line as a comment).

>>> I'd look at starting scripts first. Something like:
>>>
>>>     # ls /etc/rc.d/* | xargs grep "This"
>>>     # ls /usr/local/etc/rc.d/* | xargs grep "This"
>>>
>>> and see if there's a line starting with 'This' without a '#' at the
>>> beginning somewhere.
>>>

>> I have done this now and not found anything  without the # ... is
>> there
>> anywhere else I should look?
>>

> How about /etc/rc.conf file?

Hmmm... I had previously looked in my rc.conf and noticed the last
line had a comment starting on it... i moved it down but kept
searching as I didnt believe this to be the problem...
But I just rebooted after you suggested the rc.conf... and, the This:
not found are all gone!
My last uncommented line looked like (rc.conf):
usbd_enable="YES"# This file contains....
I didnt think it would be causing it, but it seems it was... just
wondering why it would display 7 or 8 times?
Anyway - got it sorted and thank you very much!
Eoghan