automatic fsck -y at boot

kyr kkyriak at ee.duth.gr
Mon Oct 17 10:14:01 PDT 2005

Hello,
    This is the first time I'm asking for help because all my other
problems were solved by the handbook or other e-mails.

The question is how can i make freebsd to AUTOMATICALLY CORRECT (fsck -y
not just fsck) the inconsistency of a HD at boot time after a power failure.

After a non clean shutdown I always have a problem with the /var
partition (because the squid cache is there) it always corrects with the
fsck -y in single mode manually but the problem is that the server is
located in a basement where the access is not very easy especially when
raining :(

The server is a P4 3Ghz 1Gb ram
OS: Freebsd 5.4
Role: Router, DHCPD, DNS, NAT, Firewall, Proxy, SMBD

Thanks
Kyriakos Kyriakou
Xanthi, Greece