Nagios Client on FreeBSD 5.4

Bob Middaugh bob.middaugh at comcast.net
Mon Oct 17 06:54:01 PDT 2005

> Deepak Naidu wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I wanted to install nagios client on FreeBSD 5.4.
> > I want to monitor my SMTP (25) and disk usage etc to be
> monitored from
> > Nagios server installed on Linux box.
> >
> > How do I do... In linux there is Nagios-Client.rpm.
> > What is the alternative on FreeBSD
> >
> > I dont want the server, I just wnat to monito my FreeBSD 5.4 host.
> >
> > Thanx for any help..
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Deepak Naidu.

On FreeBSD running nagios server, (dunno about Linux) From
/usr/local/libexec/nagios  you'll see the plugins, or install them
from ports if you don't have them already.  For disk is check_disk or
check_local_disk, I don't have it in front of me right now.  from
there you can do in your config file.:

check_command   check_local_disk

check_command   check_tcp!25   <--will monitor your SMTP service OR
check_command   check_SMTP

Read the Nagios docs for syntax on choosing a disk slice and setting
the alert threshold.

Good Luck,
Bob