Wierd ACPI errors on boot and possible TCP/IP performance isssues as a result.

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 05:10:54 PDT 2005

Hi all
FreeBSD 5,4-p8 on a Celeron 600..

I'll see litterally serveral thousand of these errors when I boot.

ACPI-0239: *** Error: Method execution failed [\\_SB_.PCI0._CRS] (Node
0xc196bb00), AE_AML_PACKAGE_LIMIT
ACPI-1304: *** Error: Method execution failed [\\_SB_.PCI0._CRS] (Node
0xc196bb00), AE_AML_PACKAGE_LIMIT
ACPI-0239: *** Error: Method execution failed [\\_SB_.PCI0._CRS] (Node
0xc196bb00), AE_AML_PACKAGE_LIMIT
ACPI-1304: *** Error: Method execution failed [\\_SB_.PCI0._CRS] (Node
0xc196bb00), AE_AML_PACKAGE_LIMIT

They flash by really quickly then the whole thing carries on normally..

This started a couple of weeks ago on 5.3 and I get the same on the
5.4upgrade I built over the weekend...

Around this time the external apache performance dropped as well - dunno if
the two are related?

Could this be a dieing mobo? I've done some googling (well lots actually)
and there's nothing much about these errors anywhere.

Anyone got any pointers as to where to start solving this??

--
martin