Changing the region code of DVD-Drive

Thomas Linton thomas.linton at it-sc.at
Mon Oct 17 02:19:23 PDT 2005

mplayer works (beside the sound, but this is a different problem). xine,
ogle and totem are not working on my box. If I boot winXP and look at
the properties of the DVD Drive it says region code 0. Up to now I
didn't change the region code, because you can only change it 5 times.

I was just wondering, if there is a tool available under freeBSD to
change the region code of a DVD Drive or at least a tool which gives you
the current region code of the drive.

Is it necessary for xine, ogle, and totem to have a region code set?

Many thanks in advance, Thomas.