.wma music files (amd64 woes...)

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Sun Oct 16 14:20:51 PDT 2005

At Mon, 17 Oct 2005 it looks like Andrew P. composed:

<humbly_snipped>

> It's not a problem with FreeBSD, really. The ports
> themselves should get to work under amd64.

Ahh, very good point.  I didn't look at it from that angle.

> 2006 will probably become the year of widespread
> adoption of 64-bit computing. Until it ends, you'd
> better use FreeBSD/i386 on your desktops. All
> server software that was popular enough was
> ensured to run on FreeBSD/amd64 smoothly.

Yes, the "flash" plugin had me sigh also...  From being used to
using Unix based OS's for a while, I've come to "not" expect
flash to work on anything, sad as it may seem.  I guess it's
like the "unix-fonts" in our browsers, you kinda get numb to the
whole thing.

Thanks for the replies.

--
Bill Schoolcraft