Recommended partitioning

Teo De Las Heras teoheras at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 08:28:52 PDT 2005

Based on recommendations here is how I'm going to partition the two FreeBSD
servers that I'm installing in my lab.

mail, print, web, and file server
Part Size
/ 200M
/usr 15G - Ports live in usr
/tmp 256M
(swap) 2G - paging file
/var 10G - print spool, db files, other log files??
/var/mail 10G - for all mail files and easy backup
/www 5G - Web server - I'm going to have a lot of content
/home 50G - for all user files
*The rest of the space I'll leave unused in case I need to grow a partition

Firewall/Router
Part Size
/ 200M
/tmp 256M