Recommended partitioning

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 01:41:41 PDT 2005

On 10/16/05, Teo De Las Heras <teoheras at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some of my reading in books and online does suggest straying from the
> default when configuring mail and web servers (for example).  I do
> understand the importance of following standards, and that's why I'm asking
> for feedback from this list.
>
> Teo

Special partitioning is only really needed on production
servers, where you need all performance you can get.
Your box sounds like not a very critical one. I bet you'll
spend more time configuring it "to the max" than it'll
ever save you because of that.

Now, if you really think 20G is a proper size for web,
mail, spools and logs - just set your var to 20G. No
need to mess with any other stuff. That's my $.02.