interesting past 4 hours...

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sat Oct 15 13:57:18 PDT 2005

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 02:23:58PM -0500, Vulpes Velox wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:36:32 -0700
> Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:
>
> > 	This is to anybody with Gnome or KDE insights,
> >
> > 	Oh: I brought up linux-mozilla under Gnome, pointed
> > 	audio/x-pn-realaudio at realplay; it works except that the
> > 	audio "quivers".  With ctwm, I can nice apps down; with
> > 	user-friendly window mangers, things are hidden away.
> >
> > 	Anyway. If anybody knows how to add other KDE apps to the
> > 	default, and how I can fix firefox to point to realplay,
> > 	I would appreciate it.
>
> BTW what version of FreeBSD are you running on it? Mine had problems
> till a update done some time after 5.4. Had something to do with cpu
> cx states, acpi, or something like that, that my audio worked nicely.
> Previously it had to be on at cx 1 to work properly. It works
> properly at others now.

	I'm running 5.3 everywhere except for my Ubuntu server.
	No need/reason to move to v 6.X as far as I'm concerned.
	I may not have moved over the new linuxpluginwrapper file
	to /etc. I can't think of any other  reason that mplayer
	would hang after every 1+ sec or that realplay would
	sound off/quiver/echo.

	But:  before I go  and change wm's and wind up with something
	that just doesn't work, there's lots of testing to do.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix