Feeback on partitioning

Teo De Las Heras teoheras at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 13:11:01 PDT 2005

I'm getting ready to set up a single system as a mail, print, web, and file
server. I may be installing other applications but nothing as intense as
Xorg. If at all, I'll probably just install some network monitoring tools.
I'm placing all of these roles on a single system because it is only for my
lab. I have a 160 GB to use and I'm thinking about laying out the partitions
as follows:
 Part Size
/ 10G - for both the / and /usr files
(swap) 2G
/var 10G - Web server, print spool, other log files??
/var/mail 10G - for all mail files and easy backup
/home 50G - for all user files
/home/teo 40G - For my files and easy backup
*The rest of the space I'll leave unused in case I need to grow a partition
 I'm new to FreeBSD/*Nix so all criticism is welcome.
 Teo