Install FreeBSD, and put the disk in a other computer...

Mikael Syska mikael at syska.dk
Sat Oct 15 09:23:53 PDT 2005

Hi,

Just wanted to know if there are any problem in installing FreeBSD in
one computer and then take the disk and put it in a other computer? I
want the setup the new system first, before taking the old down, but its
the same computer thats suppose to run the new system. I have a spare
computer i will install on first, and then just change the disk.

Conveting from OpenBSD -> FreeBSD

Except for system dependent kernel options, are there any thing that I
should be aware of?

And one other question, how does people backup a Maildir structure,
tar/gz and just move the fil away from the system? afterwards its just
hard to find the deleted mail cause the names in Maildir  are odd. I
havent found any good answers to this on google

best regards
Syska