Burning DVDs

edward kouye at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 14 14:50:52 PDT 2005

Hi all,
My DVD drive read and mounts CDs and DVDs properly, but K3B refuses to
burn : "K3B did not find a suitable writer. You will only be able to
create an image". Gut feeling is that there probably is something wrong
in the drive's read/write permission. I checked the /etc/fstab
file for read/write status and I got the following :

# Device           Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump    Pass#
/dev/ad0s3b        none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad0s3a        /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/acd0          /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0

This was the default set up that I haven't altered (yet...). Is there a
reason why the DVD drive would be set in read only mode, as a default ?
Should I just launch vi and edit the line from ro,noauto to rw,noauto or
is there another way ?
Thanks,
Edward