Looking for recommendations for external USB2.0 tape backup

daniel danstemporaryaccount at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 14 12:20:36 PDT 2005

My boss has asked me to try to find a tape-backup solution for our largely
FreeBSD network of machines and I'm not having a lot of luck, so I was hoping
for some enlightend pointers from the list.

We need the following features:
  20GB+ capacity
  USB 2.0
  External
  < $600CDN

Unfortunately, I've only been able to find two drives that fit our
requirements, one from Ceterance:
  http://www.certance.com/products/travan/travan40/STT6401U2-SST
the other from HP who claims that theirs only works with HP-UX.  Does anyone
know if (a) either of those units play nice with FreeBSD?  or (b) if there
are other tape backup solutions available?

Thanks for any insight.

--
nurture your minds with great thoughts.
to believe in the heroic makes heroes.