Contact Management Software

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Fri Oct 14 11:49:57 PDT 2005

Hi everyone. I have a co-worker who wants to get away from Windows as
much as possible. I've told him about free and open source alternatives
for everything else he needs to do, but contact management is something
I'm having problems with.

The good thing is he doesn't already have years of data in one format
like ACT. I'm looking for a something comparable on the FreeBSD side to
Maximizer, ACT, or Goldmine. Some key features he requires are:

- Contact Manager
- Keep track of every aspect of every contact. Things like call logs,
letter logs, comments, to-do lists.
- Reports of contacts. To do items, completed items, etc
- Mail merge
- Label Printing
- Expense report. Hours spent on clients or projects.
- Possible remote access so a couple associates could login and add
things and look at things
- Possible integration with an email client like Mozilla Thunderbird to
file incoming mail by contact.

He already owns the Maximizer 7 software for Windows but has not started
to use it yet, so that's why I'm trying to get suggestions or input on
what you all use for your contact management and sales software.

Thanks very much in advance!

-Mark